princess dad

Princess Eugenie Father in law died – How did he die?

Princess Eugenie dealt devastating blow – father-in-law dies just days before christening.

PRINCESS Eugenie’s father-in-law reportedly died days before her son’s christening on Sunday in a tragic blow.

Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank’s baby August was christened yesterday alongside Zara and Mike Tindall’s son Lucas at the Royal Lodge in Windsor Great Park.

The baptism came just days after Jack’s father George Brooksbank, 72, passed away, MailOnline reports.

A royal insider told the website: “George had been in hospital with Covid and had not been the same after that.

“He had been unwell for some time.

Princess Eugenie Father in law died

“It’s been a difficult time for Jack losing his father before the Christening.”

Another source added it had been a “miracle” Jack’s father survived Covid last year and that it had been “wonderful” that he was around to see August’s arrival.

Mr Brooksbank spent a period in intensive care with coronavirus in April 2020 and was put on a ventilator for five weeks.

Eugenie and Jack were told to “prepare for the worst” as he battled the virus.

How did Princess Eugenie Father in law die?

The couple put on a brave face yesterday as they were seen arriving for the rare royal double christening.

The family occasion went ahead despite the tragedy of Mr Brooksbank’s death.

August was baptised alongside the Tindalls’ tot Lucas in front of guests including the Queen.

The monarch’s attendance came after she has been forced to cancel a series of engagements due to her health.

Eugenie and Jack were pictured arriving at the christening at around 4pm on Sunday.

Her Majesty was photographed leaving in the backseat of a black Range Rover just before 5pm.

Other royals reportedly attending were Prince William and Kate.

Prince Harry’s ex-girlfriend Cressida Bonas, a close friend of Eugenie’s, also made an appearance.

Eugenie and Jack, who tied the knot in 2018, welcomed their first child in February.

Meanwhile, Zara and Mike’s third child arrived a month later in March.